Caregiver – Kitten Nursery
Kitten Rescue is seeking a temporary, part-time Caregiver for the neonate Kitten Nursery in Atwater Village, Los Angeles. This is an extremely rewarding position for the right candidate, as you will be making a huge difference in the lives of many animals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide caregiving for kittens to include 24-hour daily feeding (including bottle babies), cleaning, and enrichment of kittens according to the established protocol
- Monitor neonate and kitten eating habits, make food adjustments as necessary, and report to the manager when there are changes in appetite or weight fluctuations, including weighing and recording on charts
- Administer medications, including sub-q fluids, vaccinations and tube feeding, reporting any medical or behavior concerns
- Clean in accordance with protocols including, but not limited to, dishes, litter boxes, laundry, cages, floors, bathrooms
- Maintain the inventory of all supplies, ensuring all necessary supplies are stocked and available at all times
- Report all purchase needs and maintenance/repair issues
- Work and act as a point person for volunteers to include: training, retaining, engaging, scheduling, answering questions and assisting with general needs
- Prior experience working with cats/kittens required. Caregiver experience with bottle feeding, triage and medical care of unweaned animals, kittens or wildlife is preferred.
- Must be comfortable and able to work with all cats and kittens, including those with health concerns/conditions and assist in making medical decisions for neonatal kittens.
- Ability to administer oral medications, injections and sub-q fluids to kittens.
- Experience coordinating volunteers and/or customer service experience preferred.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Accurate, appropriate, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact well with others. Strong interpersonal skills and able to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- The ideal candidate is a team player who is positive, personable, upbeat, energetic, proactive, tactful and diplomatic.
- Must be reliable, flexible and willing to work weekends, overnights, holidays and on-call when necessary.
- Must Love Kittens!
Job Type: Part-time, non-exempt, temporary
Salary: $12.00 / hour
Interested candidates should email BOTH a cover letter and a resume. In your cover letter, please summarize in a few sentences why you are interested in this position, what kitten handling experience you have, and why you are a good candidate for this job. Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position in the subject line.
Kitten Rescue is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Kitten Rescue fosters a working environment where ideas and input are valued; where team members help each other to learn and grow; and where we can create the best possible environment and well-being for the cats and kittens in our care.