Caregiver – KR Cat Sanctuary
Kitten Rescue is seeking a part-time Caregiver for the KR Cat Sanctuary in Atwater Village, Los Angeles. Our caregiving shifts are in operation from 8:00 AM until 9:00 PM daily, with some shifts lasting four hours long and some shifts lasting five hours long. We are currently looking to cover 2–4 shifts in total. This is an extremely rewarding position for the right candidate, as you will be making a huge difference in the lives of many animals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Administer medications such as oral medications, injections, and sub‑q fluids
- Clean cat enclosures, which includes scooping many cat boxes
- Prepare and provide food and water for cats
- Monitor cats for signs of illness or injury
Facility Cleaning and Maintenance:
- Sweep and mop the Sanctuary
- Rolling trash to curb for pick up
- Put away food and litter deliveries
- Break down cardboard boxes
- Prior animal care experience is required.
- Must be comfortable in an open shelter environment. Our cats are not confined to enclosures.
- Must be comfortable handling all kinds of cats, including cats that can be fractious and cats that have illnesses that may be zoonotic.
- Ability to administer oral medications, injections and sub‑q fluids to cats.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs.
- Reliable work attendance.
- Ability to interact well with others.
- Team player who is personable, upbeat, energetic, proactive, tactful and diplomatic.
- Must Love Cats!
Job Type: Part-time, non-exempt
Salary: $12.00 / hour
Interested candidates should email BOTH a cover letter and a resume. In your cover letter, please summarize in a few sentences why you are interested in this position, what cat handling experience you have, and why you are a good candidate for this job. Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the title of the position in the subject line.
Kitten Rescue is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Kitten Rescue fosters a working environment where ideas and input are valued; where team members help each other to learn and grow; and where we can create the best possible environment and well-being for the cats and kittens in our care.